I hope you’ve enjoyed this Super Mario Bros. comparison stuff, it’s been a blast putting it together. I hope to keep making more stuff like this, it’s a lot of fun!
If you’re interested, there are actually a couple of ways you can help me out:
Finding Mistakes, Additional Info, etc.
If you think I’ve made any mistakes or find any typos or anything like that, definitely let me know. Or if you have additional info that I didn’t cover, let me know that too.
I’m also looking for the following things:
- Better scans of the Japanese manual – the one I bought was terribly beat-up
- Scans of Family Computer Magazine articles relating to Super Mario Bros.’ extra worlds and stuff, mostly from 1985 and 1986. Actually, any Japanese gaming magazines or strategy guides that talked about SMB’s extra worlds would be great!
- A better video of someone trying the Tennis cartridge trick – I’d love to do it myself but I don’t have a working NES and I don’t have a Famicom, as much as I’d like to 🙁
- Some photos of both Super Mario Bros. cartridges side-by-side, from various angles and sides if possible
Various Other Stuff
I have other games I want to give this localization analyzation treatment, so I need to get ahold of stuff relating to them too. Here’s what I’m currently looking for:
- A copy of the Japanese version of Contra, preferably with a box and manual too. If you know where I can get this without having to pay a zillion dollars, please let me know.
- A Famicom Disk System! I’d prefer to pay as little as possible – if you know where I can get a functioning FDS for the least amount of money, let me know!
- Any old Japanese magazines from the 90s or earlier. I’m particularly interested in gathering Japanese magazines focused on Famicom and Super Famicom games, especially Final Fantasy games. I’m slowly trying to buy as many as I can for research purposes, but it gets expensive pretty fast.
Do you have any games in mind that I should do this comparison stuff with? I’d love to know what games people most want to see on here, so either send me an e-mail or contact me some other way here!