I hope you’ve enjoyed this Legend of Zelda comparison stuff, it was a lot of fun to put together! Tiring, but fun!
If you’re interested, there are actually a couple of ways you can help me out:
Finding Mistakes, Additional Info, etc.
If you think I’ve made any mistakes or find any typos or anything like that, definitely let me know. Or if you have additional info that I didn’t cover, let me know that too.
I’m also looking for the following things:
- Details on how the version 1.0 and version 1.1 releases of the Famicom Disk System version of Zelda differ
- For some reason, I remember a lot of kids back in the day thought the shopkeeper guy in Zelda was secretly Ganon… but for the life of me I can’t remember why this idea spread. If you remember, let me know!
- What’s up with the Charumera version of Zelda? How is it different? Can anyone get me a copy (digital or otherwise)?
Various Other Stuff
I have other games I want to give this localization analyzation treatment, so I need to get ahold of stuff relating to them too. Here’s what I’m currently looking for:
- A copy of the Japanese version of Contra, preferably with a box and manual too. If you know where I can get this without having to pay a zillion dollars, please let me know.
- A Famicom Disk System! I’d prefer to pay as little as possible – if you know where I can get a functioning FDS for the least amount of money, let me know!
- Any old Japanese magazines from the 90s or earlier. I’m particularly interested in gathering Japanese magazines focused on Famicom and Super Famicom games, especially Final Fantasy games. I’m slowly trying to buy as many as I can for research purposes, but it gets expensive pretty fast.
Do you have any games in mind that I should do this comparison stuff with? I’d love to know what games people most want to see on here, so either send me an e-mail or contact me here!